Not many people know that Bannerghatta Road was once originally known as the State Highway 87. It is a road which spans almost 49 kilometers from one end to the other.
Bannerghatta Road starts as one branch from Hosur Road and goes all the way to end at Anekal Town.
Bannerghatta Road is also one of those places which has developed interest among people only in the recent years. Previously it was considered as a far off locality away from the City. Now, it is becoming popular thanks to all the development happening there.
What’s more? The properties on Bannerghatta Road are considered to be one of the hottest properties currently. Want to know why? Check out the reasons below….
1) Proximity to Work Place
Bannerghatta is slowly becoming yet another IT Hub of the city. Plenty of companies have established their presence here such as Aztec Softwares, IBM, Genesis Infocom, Oracle, Convergys etc. So if you would like to get that little extra sleep before heading off to work, there is no other better place than this.
The Bannerghatta Road connects major localities such as BTM Layout, JP Nagar, Jayanagar, Koramangala etc. MG Road is just a little over 7kms away. Additionally, major roads such as NICE Road, Hosur Road and Outer Ring Road are also in close proximity to it.
So basically, you could easily travel to anywhere in Bangalore taking any of the routes mentioned.
What’s more? The third line of Namma Metro which was planned from Nagavara to Gottigere via the Indian Institute of Management – Bangalore (IIM-B) is most certainly going to bring down the traffic even further once fully functional.
3) Road Widening Project
Recently, the Government of Karnataka has decided to widen the Bannerghatta Road. Initially, it was proposed to by widened by 35 meters by the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) but now it is going to be widened by 45 meters! Which will make Bannerghatta Road less congested and more popular among commuters.
One of the best reasons to have a property in Bannerghatta Road is definitely the fact that you literally have EVERYTHING around you. You name it, and you can reach it in a matter of minutes.
– Prestigious Institutions such as Christ University and the infamous Indian Institute of Management – Bangalore (IIM-B) is located very close to Bannerghatta Road.
– Plenty of Pre-Schools are located here such as Eurokids, Greenwood High and Podar Jumbo Kids.
– Popular schools such as Ryan International School and Radcliffe School are also present here.
– Major Hospitals such as Fortis Hospital, Apollo Hospital and the Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology are in the vicinity.
– Alternative forms of medicine is also available in the form of Yoga Therapy from Vyasa and Ayuredic Centres such as Akyurkaya.
– And other various forms of medical service providers such as Dentists are also available in plenty.
– Bannerghatta Road is riddled with plenty of Gym’s such as Gold’s Gym, Snap Fitness Addo Fitness etc.
– Yoga academies such as Skanda Yoga, Vivafit for Ladies and Sparsh Motivation Centre are also available.
– If one is into other forms of fitness, they can checkout various academies which provide training for Cross-fit and MMA as well.
Although Bannerghatta Road may not be in the ranks of Indiranagar or Koramangala. It still satisfies all the cravings of the people living there.
– Taco Bell, Papa John’s Pizza and KFC to name a few are the most popular food joints present there.
– Restaurants serving various Indian Cuisines such as Nandhana Palace, Ammi’s Biryani, Anand Bhavan and Hyderabad Biryaani House are also available.
– If in case you have a craving for sweets, then you could visit Waffle Wale, French Load, Just Bake etc.
Entertainment and Convenience
– With popular hypermarkets and convenience stores such as Food World, Spar Hyper Market, Reliance Fresh and M.K Ahmed present, you really don’t have to go far to shop for your daily needs.
– With plenty of malls around such as Forum Mall, Royal Meenakshi Mall and Gopalan Innovation Mall, and some smaller malls such as Vega Mall and B.V Sampath Mall, there is always some place to go whether it is for general shopping, visiting the Arcade with your kids or simply watching movies.
With so many facilities and services around added with the scope for road widening in the future, there is no doubt that Bannerghatta Road properties are going to be some of the hottest properties available.
So if in case investors are looking to take advantage of this, there are plenty of Projects available in Bannerghatta Road such as Prestige Elysian, Sobha Mozaria Granduer Phase II, Mahindra Windchimes, Hiranandani Queensgate to name a few.
If you live in Bannerghatta Road or wish to share something about it, do leave your comments below with your opinions!