Make a difference in how your house is decorated. Here are a few inexpensive ways to make it look better
1. Buy low wattage lights as that would help build the mood of the room
2. Add greenery to your room. A few plants can any room makes you feel more alive. Simple green foliage often lasts longer and you can also try a single palm leaf or a slender flax in a giant vase. It has simple yet modern appeal. In your kitchen, add a small herb garden to add life to the room.
3. Give attention to floors as well. Most of the times we end up decorating only walls with floors being ignored. For a quick fix, add an area rug. There are so many options, making it easy to find the perfect style, shape and color for your space. Your walls can only look better if your floors are nicely done
4. Add patterns, styles and different textures of fabric in everything from window treatments to accessories and furniture.
5. Buying a timeless sofa or kitchen table will save you money as your style changes. It’s better to switch out the little things than buy a couch every two years!
6. Bring life back to leather furniture with a little olive oil; a little spray paint and some fabric; get the scratches out of your wood floor and furniture by rubbing them with an almond. Polish and make everything shine.
7. Contrast colours – black and white, say, or white and one bright colour – and use them as a repeating theme throughout, such as a row of yellow and white pillows on a sofa, or robin’s egg blue walls and all-white furnishings.
8. Update lampshades with new ones in more contemporary shapes or simply fresh white shades.